Monday, May 05, 2008

Two Months of Blogging-What FUN!

Although I just started blogging a few months ago, I’ve become interested in the racing, training, and life stories of so many new people. What makes this so enjoyable for me is the shared PASSION many of us have not just for triathlon but more importantly for life in general.

I was first pulled into ‘blogland’ through Jen Harrison’s blog after the Best of the US race last fall. Of course, I wish I found her blog before the race so I would have been less intimidated to introduce myself… but better late than never! Through her blog, I found a wealth of other great reads, and this spring I joined ‘blogland’. Now I truly enjoy sharing stories, commenting, and caring about my blogger friends. It’s such a great way to learn, to be inspired, and offer support to others with similar interests (it’s also a great way to past time while commuting by bus to work every day).

I love the sense of knowing someone before you ever meet them in person. This weekend, I had a chance to meet a blogger buddy: I read that Iron Kate Monster was coming to town for a training camp, so I had to jump in on the fun and meet this gal in person. We’ve been reading each others blogs for the last few months, so I knew her ‘story”: Her Race plans/history, her kids names, the story behind her awesome Cancer Sucks suit— Many details that you may never pick up during a short training session. Generally, I’m a fairly shy person and have never been good with self introductions, but when I first saw Kate, I gave her a big hug and couldn’t wait to get to know her better.

Since I started blogging, I’ve also become interested in the weekend's race results, and searching for familiar names. Of course, the results become much more interesting when you’ve read about the emotions, the pain, and the triumphs surrounding the race. I’m so impressed with all the amazing attitudes out there. Thanks to everyone for sharing such great stories!

In addition to the new connections, blogging has been a great way to stay in touch with existing family and friends. In the past, I would find myself repeatedly writing the same story to different people when asked ‘how are things going, what I’ve been up too, how’s was the race’ etc. Now it’s great-They get the highlights from the blog, which leaves us with more time to chat about the details!

Thanks for all the comments (both in the blog and in email) and I look forward to keeping you up to date with all the latest stories.

I had to include a few photos from SCS Masters swim practice Saturday morning...I had so much fun diving off the blocks (my health club pool doesn't have blocks, so evidently this was a special treat)!





Cheers!!

Wait-Now I’m asking for help! I have a goal to FIND AND RESERVE a condo in KONA for Ironman before the end of this week. Although I qualified at Ironman Florida, I’ve been procrastinating. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!