Monday, August 25, 2008

Perspective

As I was enjoying a beautifully simple weekend off from racing, I certainly did not expect to find myself writing another philosophical reminder on Monday regarding the Fragility of Life. Yes, here I go again, but it seems these reminders can never get old, as we frequently hear stories of hatred, fighting and anger in our world.

It was 2:00am Sunday morning when I received the message that one of my dear friends sister’s has suddenly passed away. A seemingly healthy 41 year old woman died suddenly of a massive heart attack. No time for family to say goodbye or to prepare for this. Of course, dealing with a loss is never easy no matter how much time you have to prepare, but for me, this serves as yet another reminder to have NO REGRETS. I’m very grateful to have a very loving family, but I’ve heard stories of long term feuds with parents, siblings, in-laws etc, and I can’t help but think how those people would feel if they were to get the message one night that ‘their’ person is gone… Forgiveness is such a powerful thing.

…AND yet another reminder to never hold back the LOVE!!

Here we are loading up the "fun bus" before hitting a party Saturday night. As always, enjoying every minute with friends.




“It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts”
-Adlai Stevenson


Have an extraordinary week…Extra big hugs all around!!